COVID-19 Taking Care of You – We Care
HELPFUL TIPS AND INFORMATION DURING THE CORONAVIRUS
Everyone reacts differently to stressful situations. You may be feeling anxiety, worry or fear. You are not alone in these feelings. Together we can help ease your concerns and provide you with resources to get through this together.
Ways to support yourself during social distancing, quarantine and isolation.
- Understand the risk
- Stay up to date with what is happening, while limiting your media expose
- Look to credible sources for information.
- Be your own advocate
- Speak out about your needs
- Ensure that you have what you need to feel safe, secure, and comfortable
- Arrange for food and medicine to be delivered to your home as needed.
- Educate yourself
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions – clear communication with your health care professional may help to reduce any stress associated with social distancing, quarantine, or isolation
- Reduce Financial Impact
- Work with your employer to reduce financial stress
- Discuss with your employer:
- Filing for unemployment. The PA Unemployment website: https://www.uc.pa.gov/unemployment-benefits/Pages/default.aspx
- Consider Working from home when possible.
WellSpan website: https://www.wellspan.org/
If you are feeling sick – please stay home. Contact your doctor. If you need to be tested currently the following locations are providing a drive up test.
York County Testing Sites:
Drive-through testing is also underway in York County.
There is a site at WellSpan Family Medicine – Cape Horn in Windsor Township, which is only taking people who have a medical referral. Address: 3193 Cape Horn Rd, Red Lion, PA 17356
WellSpan Health will also open a testing site at the York fairgrounds. Starting Friday, testing will be available from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., seven days a week, at the York Expo Center.
WellSpan already operates 11 testing sites across the Susquehanna Valley, but the one at the York Expo Center will have multiple lanes to accommodate more people.
People must have a medical referral to get tested. According to WellSpan, it will take one to four days to get results.